Saturday, January 1, 2011

Prompt The Fifth

The new year is upon us! May this one be productive for the writers of No Occupation.

That being said, here are the prompts for the first cycle of 2011! We're trying something new this time around and going for audio prompts.

V
Prompt V by jasonislas

NOTE: The track info has been removed for the sake of minimizing influence on your interpretations of the pieces. If you follow the link beneath each embedded player, you can see the track name and artist.

2 comments:

  1. The first song reminds me of this reaccurin' nightmare of mine, and I'll probably try to write something horrid in response to that.

    Jason... where on earth did you get the last song? Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I really like no. 1. Actually, the idea for musical prompts started because of that one, since I've always thought it was so dramatic and intense.

    No. 4 is actually from the First World War (if you hadn't gathered that). I got it from a site that I discovered back in high school: www.firstworldwar.com It's got a bunch of free mp3s of music and speeches from the era. Check it out.

    I'll send you an excerpt of Samuel Gompers' speech on labor's contribution to the war effort tonight.

    ReplyDelete